- Cornell Law School, J.D., May 2007
- University of Southern California, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, May 2004
Kathryn F. Edgerton (Russo) is a member of Nelson Hardiman’s Transactional and Compliance practice groups. Ms. Edgerton represents healthcare providers, including hospitals, physician organizations, long-term and behavioral care providers, telemedicine providers, and other healthcare-related organizations, in transactions and regulatory matters. Ms. Edgerton is a Certified Information Privacy Professional in U.S. private-sector privacy laws and regulations (CIPP/US).
Ms. Edgerton began her career as a finance associate in the New York office of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, where she gained experience in transactional issues, including structured finance and securitizations. Ms. Edgerton also has extensive experience as debtor’s counsel in complex bankruptcy cases.
In 2007, Ms. Edgerton was the recipient of the Pillsbury Stimson Pro Bono Fellowship and spent her fellowship year working for Human Rights Watch, one of the world’s leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights.
Ms. Edgerton received her J.D. from Cornell Law School in 2007, where she was an editor of the Cornell International Law Journal. Ms. Edgerton served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Erithe A. Smith of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Ms. Russo received her B.S., magna cum laude, in 2004 from the University of Southern California.
Ms. Edgerton is admitted to practice law in both California and New York.
Associations, Memberships & Awards
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- FTC v. Wyndham Worldwide Corporation, et al. and the FTC's Authority to Regulate Companies' Data Security Practices, Competition, The Journal of the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section of the State Bar of California, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Fall 2014)
- Regulation of Companies' Data Security Practices Under the FTC Act and California Unfair Competition Law, Competition, The Journal of the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section of the State Bar of California, Vol. 23, No. 1 (Spring 2014)
- The NSA’s Infiltration of Video Games, Daily Journal, co-author with Nathan Lowenstein, December 18, 2013
- Panelist, Cyber Liability: What You and Your Clients Need to Know, Summer Series Classes, Independent Insurance Agent and Brokers Association of Los Angeles, August 21, 2014
- Speaker, Understanding the Regulation and Enforcement of Data Security Practices, IAPP KnowledgeNet, June 19, 2014
- Moderator, Privacy Panel, Video Games and Digital Media Symposium, Loyola Law School, June 9, 2014
- Guest Lecturer, Human Resources Policy and Business Torts, UNC Wilmington Business School, WFU School of Law, March 20, 2014
- Speaker, Privacy Piracy, KUCI 88.9 FM, January 27, 2014