Residential Facilities & Group Homes
Nelson Hardiman represents a broad range of residential facilities in Los Angeles and the State of California.
We represent adult Residential Facilities (ARFs), which provide 24-hour non-medical care for adults ages 18-59 with developmental disabilities, mental health challenges, and other limitations under the oversight of the Department of Social Services (DSS), Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
We represent group homes and programs for children, including residential schools. In the addiction and recovery community, Nelson Hardiman represents both residential treatment and detoxification facilities regulated by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs and sober living facilities, which provide residential services for people in recovery without any licensure.
Nelson Hardiman also represents Congregate Living Health Facilities (CLHFs) in the Los Angeles area.
Our work for these clients includes business and regulatory needs including:
- Business Transactions
- Formation of entities and business structure for provider entities
- Licensing and license application requirements
- Management Service Organization (MSO) relationships
- Purchase and sale of group home facilities
- Resident contracts
- Regulatory Defense
- Investigations and hearings
- Reimbursement audits and investigations by governmental payors, including Medicare and Medi-Cal
- Licensing, operational, and reimbursement requirements
- HIPAA and state patient data privacy and security requirements
- Resident disputes
- Fraud and abuse defense
- Reimbursement disputes
- Business litigation, including partnership disputes