Nelson Hardiman applies a wealth of experience to the issues surrounding aging in America to counsel residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs), the fastest growing component of long-term care in the U.S. Well-versed in all aspects of the increasingly stringent regulatory climate, we also deliver on the underlying policy, business and strategic needs of assisted living facilities.
Our seasoned healthcare attorneys apply decades of healthcare industry experience to advise and defend the growing numbers of assisted living facilities beset by acuity of patient health issues, accompanied by greater risks for elder abuse claims. Our sophisticated corporate team negotiates the acquisition and development of RCFEs and related business transactions, mirroring the industry-wide consolidation in healthcare services. Attune to the long-term challenges facing U.S. healthcare and how they are likely to play out in practical terms, Nelson Hardiman has the inside track on delivering legal solutions for assisted living facilities.
Our Work Includes:
- Acquisition Handled the purchase of an assisted living facility.
- Contracts Prepared, reviewed, and defended professional staff and resident admissions contracts for a large assisted living facility.
- Department of Social Services (DSS) Handled DSS license application requirements, investigations and hearings for a Los Angeles based assisted living facility.
- Finance Advised assisted living facility on entity formation and development of a business structure to support the facility’s financing needs.
- HIPAA Counseled a facility on federal and state patient data privacy and security requirements and developed a compliance program.
- Licensing Advised assisted living facilities on compliance with California licensing and operational requirements.
- Litigation Defended business claims, including a shareholder dispute, for an assisted living company.
- Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) Advised several assisted living facilities on program participation.
- Risk Management Advised and defended an assisted living facility on risk management policies and procedures and related issues of elder abuse and care.