The WCSAD (West Coast Symposium on Addiction Disorders) will be in La Quinta, CA, June 1 – June 4, 2018 . Kathryn Edgerton, Zachary Rothenberg will be presenting.
Strategic Learning Series for Executive Management (PART 1)
8:30 AM – 12:15 PM
203. Employment Law 101: Best Practices for Employers
Zachary Rothenberg, Esq.
Kristina Sherry, Esq.
Supported by: Nelson Hardiman and Behavioral Health Association of Providers (formerly AATA)
Level of Instruction: Introductory/Intermediate
The addiction treatment industry is not immune from the rigorous and often convoluted laws and regulations controlling the employment relationships. Employment law simply is not a place where you can take chances or try to “wing it.” One bad decision with the wrong employee can lead to administrative headaches, costly litigation, or worse!
This seminar will give you the basic “nuts and bolts” background to navigate the complicated waters of employment and, at the very least to know when you are in over your head and need to call your lawyer. Key employment law topics to be covered will include:
– best practices for hiring;
– the nature of the working relationship (e.g., employee vs. independent contractor and exempt vs. non-exempt status);
– wage and hour obligations (including overtime, meal periods and rest breaks, vacation and sick pay)
– reasonable accommodation for disabled workers;
– best practices for terminating employees; and
– non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
For more information on conference and hotel: http://www.wcsad.com/Registration Information